Friday, July 23, 2010

Chicago Soul Legends Party @ Mr Peabody Records



We kicked of our Chicago Soul Legends (Pt1) meet and greet this past Saturday. We had the pleasure of having Ruby Andrews, Doris Lindsey (Barbara & The Uniques), Lorenzo Johnson (The Steelers), Rick Evans (The Artistics),Brunswick Records very own Willie Henderson and a host of many others stop by for the day. Thanks to the WHPK DJ's (PJ Willis, Gary Tyson, Ray Hayne) for coming thru and giving a fabulous set, Many good & rare tunes played by all. While we were there, we decided to do a live stream broadcast of the web. If you missed it, make sure you don't next time! Check Out Some Of The Photo's:


Ruby Andrews (Zodiac Records) & Willie Henderson (Brunswick Records)




Preston McCaffe (Worked With Various Artist Including Chuck Benard & Ruby Andrews)


Lorenzo Johnson (The Steelers)



Gary Tyson (WHPK)


Doris Lindsey (Barbara & The Uniques) & PJ Willis (WKKC)




Rick Evans (The Artistics)





Richard Pegue III (Son Of The Late DJ Richard Pegue - The Best Music Of Your Life)


Earlene Jones (Daughter Of Rodney Jones/R&B Time - Tuff Records)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks again,and I'm looking for to the next event. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.byronwoods.comJuly 23, 2010 at 10:05 PM

    Great Pics Gary! I hope to make the next one!
    Peace,
    Byron J.Woods

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I'm talking about, Gary. Let's all do that again real soon. Formerly with the Artistics and now with the new Center Stage. Peace, Ric Evans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to say that I had fun that day and we should do it again. My time with the Artistics was fun but that's all behind me now. I'm a songwriter and producer. I am now working on a steppers cd. Hopefully it will be released early next year. Peace, Ric Evans

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was off the hook..I am proud...Thank you for your hospitality...Ruby Andrews

    ReplyDelete